Thursday 2 August 2012

My Gotcha Day - Two Years

Thank you for all the good wishes - it is lovely to meet you all and make so many new friends.
I had a super day full of treats and lots of cuddles and snuggling up with Mummy.

It was two years ago last Friday that I came to my forever home.

My first mission was to explore the house and find some good hiding places!! I gave Mummy one or two frights during the early days but she soon learned that I could usuallly be tempted to come out for food especially if there was a treat as well.

Life was quiet and peaceful (and still is, most of the time), so I settled in quite quickly. Good food (Mummy soon worked out that my favourites are chicken, tuna, cheese, ham, smoked salmon and prawns - no, I don't get them all the time, but I often find something special in my food bowl) ensured that I put on some weight - good marks from the dreaded V-E-T!!

My fur was rather matted when I arrived but Mummy gradually sorted that out and these days I even enjoy being combed - I put both paws on her shoulder and purr the whole time!

I think of all the abandoned kitties and woofies out there and hope that some of them will be as lucky as I have been.

Purrs ... Rainbow

1 comment:

  1. Hannah says she knows that matts can be ouchie if the brush catches one - if mum can't untangle them she sometimes has to snip at them with a tiny pair of scissors. Happy if somewhat belated Gotcha Day - if you haven't yet you can tell ML the date and also your birthday (ours are guesses) and it will be announced on the CB on the actual days. There are details of how to contact her We think it's on the side bar at the top on the CB.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete